Shopping for your husband

Clark has come to accept that when I am out shopping, I generally buy him one or two items of clothing since he never does for himself. I like to think that I've gotten pretty good at determining what will fit well and what he will like. Right before we left on our trip, I told him I was going to run to Old Navy to buy some things for the family. I came back and told him I had a bunch of things I needed him to try on before we left to make sure they fit and he liked. This was the first thing he pulled out of the bag:


The look on his face was thinly veiled horror, mixed with confusion. But, good husband he is, he started to gather up everything to try on. Until I said, "No, that shirt is for ME!" The relief on his face was plainly evident. Yes, I think it would be ok for him to wear pink sometimes. No, I wouldn't buy him a polo shirt with puffed sleeves. Although now I'm a little curious what he thinks of the other clothes I buy him if he thought this was a possibility...

6 comments:

Tiffany said...
August 19, 2009 at 8:39 AM

That is seriously HILARIOUS... especially since he was still willing to try it on. I wouldn't have said anything and just waited to see what it looked like and laughed a lot :)

aunt choody said...
August 20, 2009 at 6:35 PM

That is great. I love it.

Crystal said...
August 21, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Ha ha ha! I buy clothes for Kevin also for same reason, but never would he wear pink. Or dark purple. Or yellow. Or anything bright. I had to talk him into a light green shirt recently. So funny if he would have put it on.

I love your polo, I would totally get it if I saw it at our old Navy. We don't have a very good one. There's a better one in IaCty.

Unknown said...
September 2, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Classic. I wish my husband would wear what I bought him!

Kev and Dani said...
September 6, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Okay, THIS is HILARIOUS!! What a good husband you have! :)

debi said...
October 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM

That's awesome. I'm going downstairs to tell Dave.

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.