6 months old!

Here it is, August 1st on the dot. Violet will be 6 months old in two days. How can I have a baby who is six months old???? She sits on her own, has one tooth and another on the way, babbles, and on multiple occasions has smiled and said "hi dada" to Clark (although we both know this is probably accidental and not really talking, but it's still very cute)! She stopped sleeping as well once the tooth really started coming in, but I'm eternally optimistic that she will sleep through the night again some day.

This was the highlight of Clark's month:
He shattered one of our "unbreakable" Corelle bowls. When they do break, they don't just chip, but burst into a million tiny shards. It was quite dramatic. Hence the before and after picture.

Next Friday we are flying to Delaware for 10 days for Clark's family reunion. I am nervous about taking the baby on the plane but I think she will be fine. Luckily we don't have to bring a ton of baby junk because Clark's brother Tim and his wife Chrissee live in Delaware and have a baby 9 months older than Violet, so they have a car seat, stroller, portable crib, and all the big stuff we will need. That will make traveling so much easier!

I got "picked up" by another woman yesterday... we were both in Target with our babies (she had a 3 month old little boy) and we started chatting briefly. Turns out her husband's family is from Delaware, they lived in Iowa City for 2 years and they now live here in Irvine! We talked for quite a while, then she asked for my phone number so we could get together with the babies sometime. I think she was very nice and I plan on calling her sometime, but I had to laugh afterwards about being "mommy hit on." But if you don't know very many other moms, where else do you find people to talk to about the stuff no one wants to hear about, like diapers and cosleeping and teething? Apparently for moms, going to Target is like "the bar scene".

4 comments:

Crystal said...
August 1, 2009 at 6:46 PM

Six months old! I can't believe it! I need to see her soon! We're going to try to get to CA in January, and she'll be almost 1 year old!
That's weird you started talking to a woman from DE who lived in IA now in Irvine. Nor have I been picked up in Target. Maybe I don't look approachable.

Emily said...
August 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM

Thanks for letting us drop by to see you guys tonight. Best of luck on your trip. That is so nice that you don't have to haul all that baby stuff! Happy 6 months to Violet.

p.s. my word verification is "faten" that is the best word i've ever had to verify!

Brooke said...
August 6, 2009 at 7:44 AM

She looks so mature, I hardly recognized her. You know, I've totally been hitting on mommies, being a new person in my neighborhood and all. And if I saw you and Vi, I would totally talk to you. I mean, look at you! So approachable!

Oh, and my verification word, while we're on the topic, was "nises." I think it was the nicest word I've ever had to verify. :)

aunt choody said...
August 6, 2009 at 1:19 PM

What a funny story. I love it.

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.