Insult to injury
Posted in on 11:11 AM by Lilly
Violet woke up yesterday with a very slightly runny nose that got more and more drippy throughout the day. It was also unbelievably hot, so to escape the oven of our apartment I took her to the mall and ran some errands. As I bought a frozen lemonade at a cafe, the man behind the counter said to me, "Here are some napkins so you can wipe your little boy's nose. It's running all over. Unless, of course, you have something to wipe it with yourself." Ouch! It was one of my first experiences when a stranger implicity criticized my parenting. Of course, what I didn't realize before I had a baby was if her nose is running, I can wipe it every 60 seconds and she still will have a little snot on their upper lip. Yes, it's gross to strangers, but it's temporary and I wipe it as often as possible. She doesn't know how to blow her nose and you can't use the nose sucker too often. Also, SHE'S NOT A LITTLE BOY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
What a bad mama - you can't keep up with with a little drizzle?!? A girl at church used to safety pin a washcloth to her boy's shirts when they had incessently runny noses. That seemed too harsh for the skin, maybe a cute burp cloth would be softer. Just so you're not scorned in public.
Post a Comment