Violet turned one year old this week. It is so cliche to say this, but I don't know where the time went. I look at her on a daily basis and see my little baby, but then when I look at pictures I see the verge of toddlerhood. She took a step on her own last Saturday kind of by accident, so I think she might be walking soon. She has the most adorable personality and I am constantly stopped when we are out in public by people who she is smiling at. (At whom she is smiling, Clark would say. I think that's ridiculous.) She had her one year checkup yesterday and is doing great, even though the doctor discovered she had an ear infection that I didn't know anything about. She is just barely over 20 pounds now, which seems so small considering she was over 19 pounds when she was six months old.
Today we had her first birthday party, which was much less for her and more for me, to celebrate making it through the first year of motherhood. One of the words I have gotten her to say so far is "George" for Curious George, so I made her a Curious George banana cake. She liked the cake, but mostly liked dipping the George figurine in the frosting and sucking it off. We had lots of fun at the party and I am so thankful for all the people who came to mark this occasion for us, especially Claron and Amanda who not only drove down from Santa Barbara, but Amanda also took all the below pictures and edited them for me! I've got some more pictures I might post later, but I wanted to get this posted before I get too busy again. I predict that Violet's second year will be even better than her first. She's such an adorable baby and I love having her in the family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
hey, just stumbled upon you guys!! feel free to check out our blog, too
Post a Comment