I've been chastised for not posting more frequently.... well, although I could look at pictures of Violet all day, I was starting to feel overly self-absorbed and narcissistic by assuming that everyone else is fascinated by them too. But then I realize, no one is looking at this thing unless that's what they want to see. Plus, this is as close as I get to keeping a journal, so who cares if anyone else sees it! If the Internet survives in the future, I can show this to Violet some day and explain to her that I have always tried to embarrass her at every turn, throughout her entire life. So, on to the summary of the last few months.
Violet is starting to exhibit some less-baby, more-toddler qualities. Some good, some bad. She likes to conversationally babble and is learning to identify body parts. She started watching the Baby Signing Time videos and has a modified sign for "more", and I think she understands some other signs we use. She is not walking, but she has tentatively started to try and stand up without support. She also likes to scream in your face and bite your arm if you dare take away something she wants, and she is stubbornly persistent too - just taking something away doesn't work anymore. She also has learned the "dead weight" trick when she doesn't want to be deterred - if she is crawling somewhere I don't want her to go and I pick her up to redirect, she drops all her weight unexpectedly so I lose my grip and she can continue on her way. Crafty baby. I can't believe she is going to be one year old in a few weeks! She loves musical instruments, hates baths with a passion, and would do anything to be with older children, especially her cousins.
We had a great holiday season here without the traditional holiday weather that the rest of the country experienced. Thanksgiving we spent in Vista with my grandparents, my uncle and cousin. Christmas we spent in Santa Barbara with Clark's brother and family and their parents. For Christmas, Clark hung some hooks and shelves that I've been wanting for a very long time, and they are fabulous. My parents came to visit for a few days between Christmas and New Year's. This week my sister Crystal and her family are here from Iowa. It's been a busy winter!
Since I wrote this post, we've had torrential rain with a real live tornado warning. It's like Bizarro California this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Love the "dimply smirk."
Post a Comment