Three months already?!?

I don't remember much of April. I don't think anything significant happened, especially if you include "sleep" as a significant happening. Violet has had several nights when she refused to go to sleep before 6 am. As in, from 10 pm to 6 am she never slept for more than 45 minutes at a time. At 6, she would finally crash and sleep for 4-5 hours, and I would crash along with her. Needless to say, this schedule couldn't continue. She now goes down pretty consistently at 2 am, sleeps until 8, wakes very briefly to eat and sleeps until 11 or 12. It's not the ideal schedule, but it's working for us right now. I'm hoping to move the 2 am bedtime back, but so far no luck. If she goes to sleep before that, she wakes after 20 minutes and wants to suck/play/coo/cry.

Violet continues to be just the cutest thing ever, with the addition of a lot of fat! She also pulls her chin down into her chest when she's looking at you, which only enhances the multiple chins. She is a wonderful smiler and we have heard her laugh twice, but it is very hard to coerce from her. She decided on our last trip to Santa Barbara that she hated her car seat, which resulted in us pulling over 3 times during a 100-mile trip to walk her around and soothe her before tossing her back into the car for another 20 minutes. This was very traumatizing to me and I cried just as much as she did, but Clark handled us both wonderfully. I wish that photos could capture her amazing personality- she has so many expressions and such great reactions to things, but I can never seem to capture them on camera.

As far as we go, there is no news. We certainly aren't as cute or interesting as the baby. Clark is TAing and doing research, aiming for a graduation date of this December which will probably turn out to be next March or June. After that, who knows? We've already started to get antsy and often say things like, "Why should we hang pictures on the wall? We're moving soon anyway" or "Let's not make any new friends, we're just going to move anyway." This is probably not the best attitude to have, but I think we're just excited to see what is next! We both don't like uncertainty very much, and life after graduate school is one big mystery. All I know is, I don't care what kind of job Clark finds or where it is, as long as we have our little family together we will be fine.


2 comments:

Melinda said...
May 7, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Oh! Violet is so precious! I wish we lived closer so we could see her. I know what you mean about getting antsy to leave a place. It was always our excuse in Provo for not making more married friends. Now we're in Herriman for a little while but still haven't hung very many pictures :)

Crystal said...
May 8, 2009 at 10:38 AM

She is Dah-ling! You know, if you compose in Windows Live Writer, it will publish one message onto multiple blogs. Photos are a snap, too.
I'm so sorry to hear about the awful sleep schedule. Yuck! But so happy to see pictures of her. Yum!

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.