Out like a lamb!

Now that we have a monitor for our computer and I don't have to sit on the floor in front of the TV to blog, maybe I'll post more often! Who knows. Anyway, here is the rundown of our March.

We had a lovely group of family present for Violet's baby blessing on March 8th. My parents, my grandparents, Clark's dad, Clark's twin brother and his family, and my cousin and her family were all in attendance. Violet was well-behaved, as always, and waited to poop onto her dress until all the pictures were taken and lunch was served. The bishop commented on how beautiful the blessing was that Clark gave. Among other things, he blessed Violet to find opportunities to to find things that will bring her happiness, to seek an education, and to seek after things of beauty.

While all the people were visiting, we demonstrated Violet's new "trick" (seen in the pictures below). She inherited my very fair skin that reddens easily, so we quickly learned that any pressure on her skin produces a while spot that fades after a few seconds. Clark instantly saw myriad applications for this talent.

My friend from college, Laura, came to visit Violet for an extended weekend. We did lots of fun things, but typical of us, we never remembered to bring the camera along. We only took pictures of us sitting on the couch. Lame. But I can tell that Violet and Laura are going to be life-long friends.

Clark has been gone since Sunday night at a chemistry conference in central California. We miss him very much, and I think he misses us more. He will be back on Friday. I was a little apprehensive about doing the single parent thing for a week, but we're working things out just fine and Violet is learning to love daytime soaps and french fries. (Just kidding!)

Violet is eight weeks old today (already!) and had her well-baby doctor's visit. She is 12 pounds, 9.5 ounces, which is the 90th percentile for her age. She is 24 inches long, which is the 95th percentile. She is a huge huge baby. I think we have to move her to larger diapers AGAIN. She got three shots, and took them like a champion. We are doing another course of medication for the thrush she and I still have, but I'm figuring that we might have to wait for it to go away on its own. She remains, as always, the most beautiful and well-behaved baby in the world. Clark says we shouldn't brag, but I just can't help it. There will be enough time to complain about her when she turns 11 and gets an attitude.

4 comments:

Lacey said...
March 31, 2009 at 6:30 PM

She is seriously so beautiful!

aunt choody said...
April 1, 2009 at 3:00 PM

what a sweetheart. she already has so many friends!

Crystal said...
April 6, 2009 at 7:22 AM

She looks so happy!!

Unknown said...
April 8, 2009 at 4:32 PM

I gotta tell ya. I was SURE that my dad was at Violet's blessing when I saw TWO pictures of him holding her. Wait! That's YOUR dad! Who knew? Also funny to see Bridger in your pics! They're close to you. Another fact I forgot! Sorry we couldn't be there. The pictures are so great!

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.