We had a great first Mother's Day! Claron, Amanda and Eliza came to visit for the weekend, partly to visit us and partly to escape the fires in Santa Barbara. The twins went to see the new Star Trek movie on Friday night, and Amanda and I went Saturday morning. (Clark was offended by the suggestion that we go as couples-- why would he see the movie with me when he could see it with someone who would appreciate his running commentary?) I nervously left Violet with Clark and a bottle - only the second time I've ever left her. Clark, of course, did fine, but the bottle was not a hit. She certainly wasn't in any danger of starving to death, though!
Sunday we all headed down to Oceanside to have Mother's Day lunch with my grandparents. Grandma and Grandpa are both doing quite well. I gave Violet to Grandpa to hold even though she was a little fussy, expecting to have to take her back in a minute. Instead, she snuggled into his neck and slept soundly for an hour. Grandpa patted her on the back and looked quite content as he reminisced about holding his sons in the middle of the night when they were Violet's age. As a mother, nothing makes you love someone more than seeing them love your baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
A powerful blender is a good investment! That should be fun, and smoothie weather has arrived! I enjoyed looking at your pictures. Violet is growing so fast and she is so beautiful!
No way, I got a food chopper for Mother's Day too! I chopped up almonds first thing.
So sweet!
That last picture of Grandpa with Violet totally choked me up! That one you will cherish always. SCRAP IT!!! OR I WILL!!!
Wow. Haven't seen Betty or Rey in a LONG time! How are they? Oh...and Happy first mother's day!
Post a Comment