In my oh-so-subtle 8.5 months pregnant way, I have been hinting to Clark that I would like him to buy me something sparkly/pretty/unnecessary after the 48 hours of nonmedicated labor resulting in a 10-lb. baby that I see looming on the horizon. He is fairly hint-resistant, though, so I thought I would help him out by FINDING something for him to buy me and shoving it under his nose. A blog that I read recently featured this adorable necklace of a mother bird and baby bird on a wire.
I made the mistake of trying to show it to him while the television box was on. He glanced over at the laptop and said, "oh look, it's a little guy and his fat wife!"
I would have been really mad at him if I could have stopped laughing. But now this "surprise gift" is definitely ruined.
8 comments:
That's hilarious... I would probably get pretty much the same kind of reaction from my hubby.
Since when do you call me Hubby? I've never heard that before in my life! (We should probably take this up on our own blog and leave the Ridges alone).
I think that most husbands are "hint-resisitant." Mine surprises me though. For Christmas I kept asking him for something-the only thing I straight up asked for. Did I get it? Nope. But I did get a new phone. That was unexpected because I never asked, just whined about it a few times. I don't get men. But husbands are still great.:)
HA ha! The other day I was wearing a hugely fuzzy sweater and also some black cords that are wearing thin in the rear which Kevin hates. I asked him if the sweater made me look fat and he said "No, your butt makes you look fat." I could hardly stand I was laughing so hard. Is that the same thing? I think it's kind of the same thing - husbands' inexplicable responses.
That sounds like John too! I try not to mention anything I think is important while he is on his laptop or watching TV. Or I do the opposite and say, will you buy me this $300 coat? and then he agrees to it because he's in space. I think that necklace is so cute though! You do deserve a "push gift"!
Here's to wives who assume our good intentions!
Only Clark! Sounds just like him, so I want to know if he got it for you?
Only Clark! Sounds just like him, so I want to know if he got it for you?
Post a Comment