Delaware trip part 1-Turkey Trot

Clark and I have been on our last child-free vacation since Friday. The flight wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't the most comfortable thing ever. I think it's a good thing I'm only 31 weeks along, any further would be a little much.

We got in late Friday night and Clark ran two races on Saturday morning. The temperature was right around freezing, and he ran the first race (the 10K) in a hat, gloves, long-sleeved shirt and running shorts. He was cold, but stubborn. He ran a 40:05 and came in first in his age group, fifth overall, which was pretty good considering the circumstances! The race was in Newark right near Clark's parents' neighborhood, so Clark's mom Julie and I drove down to an intersection on the race route and sat in the car until people starting passing by. Then, we got out of the car and clapped and cheered, then got back in with the heater. It was the best way to watch a race ever! Next, Clark ran the 5K with his dad and his brother Tim. He put pants on over his shorts for this race, which was a good idea. He alternated between running with his dad and running with Tim, so his time wasn't as good, but it was nice to see them all running together! He plans to run 4 races in the 9 days we will be here. Crazy.

2 comments:

Jeff Mac said...
November 30, 2008 at 5:00 AM

Having had no direct experience, I would still imagine that even at 9 months it's easier to fly with them on the inside. ;)

Nice to see you guys!

Unknown said...
December 4, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Was so nice to have you two over! Hopefully will see you and the new baby in Cali sometime this year :)

-Tiff

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.