Delaware trip part 2 - Family, Friends and Thanksgiving

Clark has been yelling at me about not updating the blog with the rest of our trip to Delaware. You all know how he gets when he's angry, so I'm dutifully doing as he asks. However, I've already forgotten all the interesting things we did, so I'm only going to post some selected pictures as highlights:


Even though it was pretty cold in Delaware, we went out for ice cream wearing coats and gloves. It was totally worth it.

Chrissee and Taryn enjoyed eating ice cream with us. Well, Taryn doesn't know what ice cream is yet, but she had a good time anyway. Taryn is 6 months old and not a big fan of Uncle Clark and Aunt Lilly yet, but by the end of our trip I think she was starting to warm up to us. It didn't help that every time I tried to hold her, our baby kicked her as hard as possible. Cousin rivalry already.


Clark and I had our obligatory visit to Klondike Kate's (a local bar in Newark) for wings and the brownie fudge sundae with his high school friend Matt. We go there every time we get together, and the food just gets better. Matt's wife Michelle was still at work, and we missed her! We made a new best friend in our waitress Tara. Seriously, we know everything about this girl's life now.

Clark's mom and I brined and cooked this amazing turkey. Clark was in charge of all turkey-lifting responsibilities, since it weighed 24 pounds. But it was delicious. Tip: use apple cider as part of your brine. It's delish. Are all these pictures food-related so far? Embarrassing.


Clark got his hair cut by his mom while we were there too. She cuts his hair better than anyone else. He will not let me get near him with scissors, no matter how many times I ask or sneak up on him while he's sleeping. I actually like his hair when it's longer and curly, but it's too much maintenance.

We accidentally found out while we were in Newark that Clark's 10-year high school reunion was on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We won a prize for being the most pregnant- a bottle of wine. I passed it on to the next-most pregnant girl, who was a little overly excited to win alcohol if you ask me. Here's Matt, Clark and their friend Jake. And Reina the dog, of course.

We did a lot more stuff and saw many more people, but I don't have any good pictures for all that stuff and I'm too tired to think of it now. Maybe there will be a Thanksgiving Trip part 3 post later!

2 comments:

Crystal said...
December 10, 2008 at 7:30 PM

A bottle of wine for being pregnant? Who was in charge of the prizes? Craz-ee.
So good of you to post again. Sounds like a great trip, espesh for your last - in a while. Glad you had fun.
Can you post an updated pic of your belly? I will never see you pregnant!!
Since Kevin's hair has a crazy texture and grows every-which-way in his weird Asian style, he is very particular about his hair. I always wanted to try to cut it, but it was beyond question. Then, about a year ago, he ASKS me to cut his hair out of the blue!! What?? I did a crappy job and that was the end of it. See, he knew best all along.

Jeff Mac said...
December 10, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Yeah, Clark yelled at me once and I still have like PTSD or something from the experience. ;-)

Wine for "most pregnant"? Isn't that like giving someone LSD for being the most sane? Good grief.

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.