20-21 week update: I popped.



My stomach popped out this week. I am trying not to notice it, but it's kind of uncomfortable! And I have 4 months left to go. I know I don't have much to complain about, because I really haven't gotten that big and I've been very lucky with this whole pregnancy thing so far. It's just such a weird, off-balance, stretching-and-pulling feeling. Also, today at work someone said to me, "It's so strange to see you walking around without a waist anymore! No, I mean it as a compliment!"


Now that summer session is over and Clark is not TAing for 330 students anymore, he has thrown himself back into research. Or research has thrown itself at him. Regardless, hopefully by the end of the month he will have 3 papers in various stages of publication, 2 as first author. I'm told that's a good thing. If he survives that long. When he's not working, he's also preparing himself for impending parenthood.


That's Clark wearing a Snugli with a Transformer in it. It was the only thing baby-sized we had around to use as a prop. But Unicron enjoyed the trip very much and behaved himself quite well.

For some reason, everyone thinks that just because we know we're having a girl, we most likely have a name picked out for her already. So far, I've settled on Baby Girl Ridge, because after we each rule out the other's name choices, that will be the only thing left. Don't expect to hear anything final until well after she's born, at this rate.

4 comments:

Rena said...
September 21, 2008 at 3:09 PM

I know what you mean about being uncomfortable. I am pretty much the whiny-est pregnant woman EVER (just ask Dave), yet I really don't ever have anything to complain about. Oh, and I LOVE the picture with Clark and the transformer. Hilarious!

Crystal said...
September 23, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Clark with a transformer is precious. Er, not precious at all, actually really nerdy which I love because Kevin is really nerdy about some things. He refuses to get rid of some of his old stuff, like a Millennium Falcon and such.
Good news about Clark's work, too.
I just got back from the hospital looking at a new baby. Ooooh, babies. You are going to love it.

Unknown said...
September 23, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Well, I guess "Unicron" will do for a name. Maybe you can name the human baby "Optimus Prime" and the next one can be "Megatron." hehe. Or not.

By the way, not sure why you'd ever want to resist the impulse to eat a burger every day, especially when you have this amazing excuse for it! Dig in! Eat one for me too! :)

Thanks for letting me read your blog. I am SOOOOO excited for you two, and I know you'll be fabulous parents, and that Optimus Prime, er, Baby Girl Ridge, I mean, will be brilliant, just like the both of you :)

Now go put some clothes on!! (haha, just kidding!)

allison said...
September 26, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Ever since I can remember you have been amazingly skinny, I just wish I could stand next to you right now and point and say "HA HA"( in the bully simpson voice)
You look darling, really.

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.