We have news for once!

Don't be offended if you feel like you're the last to know. I've been relying on the power of gossip to get the word around, so it's not that I don't like you, it's that you don't talk about other people's lives enough. Consider it a lesson learned.

But yes, I'm pregnant! I'm 18 weeks along, which gives me a due date around the last week of January. So far, everything seems to be progressing in a fairly standard fashion. I threw up for a couple of weeks, I was sleepy for a couple of weeks, and now I want to eat a cheeseburger every day. But I'm resisting. Although I'm sure my mother thinks they're indecent, here are a couple of belly pics to see how the fattiness is going.

15ish weeks


16ish weeks


17ish weeks


The last week has been the biggest jump by far. I can feel the baby kicking and moving around now, and my appetite has really picked up.

Anyway, enough about the outside of me, how about what's inside of me? This morning was the big event-- the ultrasound! I was very eager to see the baby, which I thought would make everything seem more real. The idea of Clark and me being responsible adults was fanciful enough even before we threw the whole baby thing in there. Well, here is the incontrovertible proof that we are, in fact, going to be parents:

Upside-down baby

Profile baby

Kicking baby

The baby was incredibly active during the 45 minutes of the ultrasound. The technician commented multiple times on the baby's rolling, punching, kicking and general liveliness. Maybe this is a sign that a Burris and a Ridge can actually produce a child with coordination skills!

Anyway, I think that's all the news.... Oh right, the gender! That's the only reason you waded through this ridiculously long post? Well, it's a.......

GIRL!

I know, I said I was convinced we were having a boy. Shows what I know. We got a VERY good shot of the goods, and a girl it is. We're both so happy and I'm glad that we finally know and can get on with my favorite thing, planning!

12 comments:

Wife and Mother said...
August 27, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Love, love, love the new blog Lilly! Thank you for sharing.

Katie B.C. said...
August 28, 2008 at 6:45 AM

Awesome! Girls are the best! I was totally convinced that we were going to have a boy too- but then Ariana came! Don't worry- you'll still have that mom intuition.

Crystal said...
August 28, 2008 at 6:55 AM

You are so fat! You big fattie!
I thought about doing a blog just for myself too, but I am not sure how to do to two at once.
I am so glad you're having a girl! Girls are beatiful and cute and boys are barfy.

Crystal said...
August 28, 2008 at 6:58 AM

Oh, And I was totally going to come out for baby's blessing (I guess you can't call it Optimus Prime anymore) but we have now booked reservations to Disneyworld and we're going at the end of January. So I don't know what I'm going to do! Maybe I can come over in the summertime or something. What are you going to do about work?

allison said...
August 28, 2008 at 8:06 AM

Condradulations fatty, thankyou for sharing!
http://threemenandabailey.wordpress.com/

Brooke said...
August 28, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Perfect. You guys, she is going to be so beautiful! I feel so lucky to be in on the blog. It's way better than having to talk to you in person because I can't do that in my underwear.

Tiffany said...
August 28, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Awww Lilly you are so cute pregnant :) And that is exciting that you guys are having a little girl!! It was so nice to see you if even just for that short time at church... will def. be in touch whenever we head out to Cali. to visit family tho!

Hank & Michaele said...
August 28, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Lilly,
You are gorgeous! That is Not Fat, that is Beautiful Baby!
I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your vacation as well.
You will have a gorgeous, intelligent and kind daughter, and she might even be coordinated! We did manage to get a few of those.
Love,
Mom

Bekah said...
August 28, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Yay for babies!! And for girls! And for being here so we can see that baby girl come January.

Schuyler said...
August 29, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Congratulations Lilly! I'm so excited for you two. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and that you have a blog!! I love it! Keep up the posting!

Carl and Amber said...
August 29, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Congrats!! That is just awesome!

Unknown said...
August 30, 2008 at 10:20 AM

I hate you! hehe I want a girl badly, and I'm sure you can guess why. You've spent a couple of dinners in my home. Me...and three boys!! Congratulations. It'll be so much fun. There's absolutely NOTHING like having a baby!!

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.