Monterey and the Redwoods

After Clark's conference at Asilomar, I drove up and we spent a few days in the Bay area. It was a much-deserved vacation for both of us, and we tried to spend our time doing plenty of touristy things. We aren't the best at taking pictures, but here are a few highlights:

Us at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Most of our other aquarium pictures are dark.




Lilly in the redwood forest. She is now in love with redwoods, but not the winding roads you have to drive on to get to the redwood forests.




The narrow-gauge steam train we rode through the redwood forest. It was from the late 1800s. A large woman fell through the floorboard of her car as we arrived back at the station.

The view from the restaurant at the top of our hotel in downtown San Fran. Clark had stuffed himself silly on the breakfast buffet two minutes prior to taking this picture.


Obligatory bridge picture. It was quite windy.



2 comments:

jana said...
August 27, 2008 at 10:57 PM

I totally wanted to ride that train until I read that bit about falling through the floorboards. Scary.

ShalottLady said...
August 29, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Yeah, what's up with those floorboards? Aww, P. and I went to Monterey when I was preggers with Dangerboy...now we just don't travel, haha.

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.