Cute moments

We are all awhirl in dissertating and packing and craziness, but I just wanted to post two quick things. The first is an adorable picture of Violet, taken by my sister-in-law Amanda when she was watching Vi while we were apartment hunting.


She is just too cute.

Second: today, after a long day, Violet was feeling peckish and slapped at my face. I immediately got up and put her in her crib for a 60-second timeout, which is what I always do when she hits. Usually she screams bloody murder the entire time and then shows some vague signs of being contrite when I get her out. Today, after I put her in the crib and walked out of her room she didn't make a sound. I was quite shocked and got Clark to come and see. He waited a few seconds and then walked around the corner into her room to check on her. She was sitting calmly in the middle of her crib, and as soon as she saw him she said "sawwy" and signed "sorry" at the same time. I went in after him and she said it again to me, all without any prompting from either of us. It was such a sweet parenting moment and I can only hope she really knows what it means!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
August 9, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Thanks for the link info. That is a delightful photo.

It was great seeing you yesterday. Best of luck in Florida.

James B.

Hank & Michaele said...
August 10, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Yes, there are those choice moments of parenting. It's a survival mechanism to trick you into letting them live a while longer. And after you do, they come up with another "awwww" moment, and pretty soon they turn into really nice people.
Love
Mom

Deborah said...
September 27, 2010 at 1:50 PM

That photo is amazingly gorgeous!

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.