Further adventures in baby food

We have continued making a variety of baby foods for Violet to try. She actually seems to prefer new vegetables to new fruits, but the fruits she does like she will eat above all else. The biggest problem so far is a texture one... she can't handle anything that isn't perfectly smooth. She either spits it out or chokes on it, then spits it out. I tried to mash up a kiwi fruit to an acceptable consistency, but she mostly just sucked on the pieces and spit them out sans seeds. Yes, she swallowed the seeds and spit out the flesh. So I had a bowl of kiwi fruit she failed to eat... so I figured it was as good a time as any to let her "explore the textures of her food" like the baby food books all say you should do. She loved it. And definitely needed a bath. Enjoy.

Violet eating kiwi fruit from Lilly Ridge on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Tiffany said...
December 19, 2009 at 9:49 PM

Zaylin is funny about texture too. I STILL puree his veggies because he will eat enormous amounts of veggies if they are "Smooth." But, will eat less if he has to chew it. Such a good thing.. you will love it! It has made Zaylin such a good eater. There isn't a veggie that kid won't put away! Miss you guys... Merry Christmas!

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.