First, Saturday night we had a party at church.
Sunday, after looking for Halloween-themed hymns during Sunday School (not the official activity), we went out trick-or-treating after dinner. We were pretty sure that our complex wasn't going to have a lot of action since it's gated and there aren't a lot of kids, so we walked down a few blocks to a residential neighborhood that Clark has run through before. We got there at about 7 pm and the streets were DESERTED. We couldn't figure out what was going on. Clark was concerned that they might not welcome trick-or-treaters. I had told Violet what we were going to do, so she was yelling "houses! CANDY!" from her stroller. So we decided to just start knocking on doors. After the first few doors we started seeing other groups of kids coming down the street. Phew! She was having so much fun talking to people at each door. She usually got an extra piece of candy for every time she said "happy Halloween" or "trick-or-treat" so she picked up on that really fast and played it for all it was worth. At one house there was a pretty elderly man who was so taken with Vi that he wanted his wife to come see her, but she was sitting in the back room and has trouble getting around. So Vi walked right into their house and found the lady and talked to her for a little while. She showed her all her candy and let her give her a hug and was very sweet to her. I was so proud.
It was a really great weekend and we're glad we went for it. I'm also quite glad that Violet doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate. I knew there would be perks to motherhood.
Oh, and I just have to mention: Clark and I were wearing t-shirts and shorts and feeling pretty warm, even after dark. Violet was sweating from wearing her cape over her dress. It was so humid that it started to sprinkle a couple of times, which felt pretty good. It's a far cry from Halloween in snow boots and a coat.


6 comments:
How cute!
It looks like her costume fit her perfectly! I can't believe you guys are wearing shorts and sandals while we had to layer Taryn.
Love the costume - funny thing is we were thinking of doing Little Red Riding Hood next year. Its kind of a family tradition. My mom made me the costume when I was 2 and then Kate wore it - and so mom's sending me the costume which is still in good shape for Ainsley to wear next year. I don't know if she'll be quite as cute as Violet but we'll give it a go! :)
What a darling child,and so charasmatic and intelligent. It must be in her genes.
Love,
Grandma
You can always send unwanted chocolate and peanut butter to me.
JB
Look at how long her hair is!!! Mollie has hair but it definitely not long yet. I guess Vi passed her up. How is Miami? Send me a little note and let me know how you guys are doing. You know one Chemistry wife to another!!
Post a Comment