First foods and other milestones

Violet finally has something to blame her copious size on besides me. We started her on solids a few weeks ago, right after we returned from vacation. She was definitely ready for some diet supplementation, but I'm still trying to make sure she isn't getting too many of her calories from solids instead of milk. She eats solids 2-3 times a day, and she is now probably up to 3-4 tablespoons a serving. (I know this isn't too interesting, but this is the only place I'm recording these things for posterity. Deal with it.) The foods we have introduced so far, in order:
*brown rice cereal
*oatmeal cereal
*butternut squash
*peas
*prune juice
*gala applesauce
*millet cereal
*avocado

The prune juice was the only FAIL of the foods so far. She was having troubles and the nurse recommended we give her the juice to keep things moving, but she hated it and refused to drink any of it. Everything else she has loved. I've prepared everything from scratch (except the first two cereals), frozen it in ice cube trays overnight, then popped them out into freezer bags so I can use the trays for the next batch of stuff. Each ice cube hole holds almost exactly 1 tablespoon, so the portions are easy to figure out. I feel like she's growing up so fast!

Untitled from Lilly Ridge on Vimeo.

1 comments:

Crystal said...
September 27, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Adorable! (Like the bib, too.) Love the talking at the end. My favorite family videos to watch are the loud babies with all their babble. You will forget how much you love the babble and what the babble sounds like. Can'tw ait to see her in...4 months!

Back to Home Back to Top So you started a blog. Really.. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.